May 15, 2014

"Always Go South EP" forthcoming on Portrait Digital Recordings


Here's the mindset for my upcoming Always Go South EP, which is also featured on Portrait Digital's Tumblr:



Always Go South EP 

This EP features 3 quite different tracks. While “Always Go South” and “One Winter Morning” can be described as progressive house tracks, “Nite Watch” tends a little more towards the deep house genre. Therefore, the EP describes my musical mindset quite well, as I’m mostly switching around between these two genres, depending on mood, feelings and time of the year. Mostly my goal is finding a rather complex, emotional, but at the same time catchy melody.

I was working on a completely different track when I had the idea for “Nite Watch”. I was actually trying to write a secondary melody for a very housy track, when I decided to use this melody in a completely new and slightly deeper tune. From then on, everything went fairly quick.

One Winter Morning” on the other hand, took almost two years to get finished. I had the idea for the lead melody in the early hours of a very cold day a couple of years ago. Then, it took several sessions, all of them interrupted by months of no work on the track, to simplify the initial idea and arrangement towards the final EP version.

Always Go South” in turn, which is giving the name to this EP, was made in more or less one very optimistic mood and ended up being one of my quicker productions. I’m very happy to release this EP with Portrait Digital, a label featuring a lot of promising and very talented artists.


Artist: Armas
Country: Germany
Catalogue Number: PDR045
Release Date: May 26th, 2014


Links:
portraitdigital.ca
facebook.com/PortraitDigital
soundcloud.com/portraitdigital
soundcloud.com/armasmusic